prevent domain admins from access to sql 2000 service without denying them access to the machine

Is it possible to setup a win2003 server with sql 2000 installed (needs to be sql 2000, application is not sql2005 ready) which is a member of a domain, where domain admins can login to the machine but are not able to connect to the sql server running on that machine?

Advice appreciated.

Mike

  • RE: Fulltext failure on a 2 node cluster
    ... Server full-text search resource online: "SQL Cluster Resource 'Full Text' ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: HELP PLEASE ~ ???
    ... You mentioned that it went ahead and added a SQL ... SQL Server 2000 database for all my data. ... find the connectionString in the newly recreated SQLExpress database. ... The connection string specifies a local Sql Server Express instance ...
  • Re: Multi-Channel Raid VS SAN Storage
    ... A 5~6 years old server is a very old server. ... As I mentioned, the server is one node in a cluster environment, and SQL is ... We actually are running RAID 1+0 and our aplication is definately more ... needs it's own SAN device, or at least a dedicated IO channel on the SAN. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • RE: How do I get back to base SQL server on my SBS 2003 server?
    ... After you uninstall SQL 2005, the instance which you upgraded will not go ... Uninstall and then reinstall ISA server. ... Uninstall and then reinstall the Monitoring component. ... Tools to Maintenance, change Monitoring component to Install, and then ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)