Re: sqlcmd

Arne Garvander (ArneGarvander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) writes:
I try to run sqlcmd on localhost.
sqlcmd -S localhost\SQLExpress -U sa -P <xxxxxx>
I got the error message sql server doesn't allow remote connections.
What am I doing wrong?

Have you verified that your instance is running?

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at

  • Re: Query training -- Complex queries
    ... > Update PositionsEOM ... Here you don't have a derived table, but a correlated subquery. ... UPDATE in Books Online. ... is not written for SQL Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Linked Server: How to check if server exists?
    ... The root problem is described in the Books Online topic Batches. ... Rick Byham, SQL Server Books Online ... linked server don't run on those development machines not having that linked ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: STORED PROCEDURE - passing table name as a parameter
    ... T-SQL, is that you get problems if the view definition does not fit into ... will need to query other system tables, for instance syscolumns. ... Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
  • Re: Problem when changing Views
    ... There aree several reasons. ... I use neither of the tools, but I guess that Design View resubmits the ... Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
  • Re: SQL 2005: Help files not valid?
    ... Please try the following instructions to remove and reinstall Books Online. ... If this doesn't solve the problem, we'll need to get the Visual Studio folks ... In Add or Remove Programs, select Microsoft SQL Server 2005, and then ... Complete the remaining steps in the Installation Wizard. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)