Re: Simple question about security setup....

You can create a local user account on the sqlserver machine for the remote
user - be sure the account name and password are the same on both machines.
Then it's just a matter of granting access to the local user account. When
you use Windows authentication to connect, impersonation will kick in and
allow the remote user to assume the local account profile.

--
-oj

"Robinson" <itoldyounottospamme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

I have SQL Server 2005 Desktop Engine on a PC here at work. This PC is on
a network domain. I have another PC on the network (not on the domain)
that I want to use to connect to a database my SQL Server instance.
However, although remote connections are enabled, I simply get an error,
"the user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" from my
client. It can see the instance, but obviously does not have permission
to create a connection.

I'm using integrated authentication, so somewhere I have to give the
remote PC access. Where/how can I do this?

Thanks,

Robin

  • Re: DCOM, WMI and Access Rights
    ... There is no expectation ... that a local user account would have those rights on the remote ... Using the local user account is merely a method of testing the ... impersonating an administrative user on the remote machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ole)
  • Re: Connecting to a network share
    ... One approach would be to create a local user account on the remote ... >I'm trying to connect to a network share using a username / password / ... >I could go about creating actual mapped drives but I'd much rather connect ...
  • RE: You do not have access to log on to this Session
    ... they do not need a local user account on the TS. ... Desktop Users group on the Terminal Server, not the Remote Desktop ...
  • Re: VPN or not to VPN SBS to external pcs?
    ... You need to use the credentials of a local user account of that XP box ... I am able to connect to the remote Xp computer from my SBS box and I can ... This is so frustrating because i can make the connection I am using a ... I have been able to get a VPN connection from an Xp client on the same ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Run Internet Explorer with dial-up connection
    ... computer as a local user account instead of a domain account? ... I installed a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and configured the GPO ... a dial-up connection if i'm under the domain. ... "ping" the site from cmd shell and it works; only the Internet Explorer ...