Re: Moving C2 Audits

Ok - I've been told that audits get written to the default data directory.
However, we have dedicated drives for log and data files (E: and F:, for
example). What I had to do to get the C2 audits (trace files) to write to
our data directory was:

1) launch Enterprise Manager
2) right-click and Properties
3) Database Settings tab
4) Change 'default data directory' to F:\<location>
5) Stop and restart the services

Good to go. The traces will begin writing to the drive you specified as
your default data directory.

"A McGuire" <allen.mcguire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I'm not seeing or finding how to move the location of the C2 Audit files.
I used the pretty standard script to enable C2 Auditing:

EXEC sp_configure 'show advanced option', 1

EXEC sp_configure 'c2 audit mode', 1

However, it would be nice if I could move them from the C:\ drive to a
folder already being backed up since we need these audit trails for at
least one year (Government thing). Any ideas? I'll keep looking, but I
know we get pretty quick responses in here also!

Relevant Pages

  • New windows install - how do I use my old data files?
    ... formatting the C: partition. ... My Plam PIlot data files are on another partition. ... I tried to change the data directory, but it wouldn't, because it said ... I also tried drag & drop my user data files to desktop, ...
  • Re: Save Files
    ... If you want to do just a backup, get a simple batch file that copies the ... stuff saved in some data directory to a directory on another drive. ... > drives at the same time? ...
  • Re: utilising Two hard drives
    ... | I have two hard drives on my computer and was wanting to keep purely ... | Is it possible to install outlook express on drive A, ... What you want is the data directory to be on drive "D:". ...