disable sql 2005 mixed mode password complexity?

I installed SQL Server 2005 for the first time today, and I set it to
mixed mode because that is how we have always had to configure 2000 in
the past for certain applications. I used a weak password for the sa
account, and it caught that, so I changed it.

The problem came when I attempted to install some applications that
previously worked under SQL Server 2000. The first one installed
without errors, but when I attempted to login, there was a connection
error and it said that the database login (which it creates during
install) was invalid. I set the connection properties to use the sa
login, and that worked (as this is a demo, I'm not particularly
concerned with security at the moment).

The next application I attempted to install actually errored out on me,
with some timeout error. When I tried to launch it after the failed
install, I again get connection errors. When I looked at the user
accounts in the Enterprise Manager-like addin (I forget what it's
called), I didn't see any of the accounts which should have been
created during the setup of either application.

Please let me know if I'm way off base here, but what seems to be
happening is that the applications I'm installing use weak passwords
for the SQL user accounts they configure, so they never get created.
Since the accounts are created by an installer, I have no control over
what password they use. So I just need to know if there's some way I
can disable the password complexity check for new accounts and get this
software installed. I'll lecture the developers on security later.

  • Re: Biztalk 2004 Installation
    ... If you install Biztalk and SQL Server on a single server then you do not ... need to create the user accounts, unless you wish to use domain accounts. ... You do not need to install Biztalk on the SQL Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Whats erasing my OE 6.0 mail & newsgroup accounts?
    ... OK - Bear - answering under each question: ... ISP= Cox.net - Wichita, KS - no Cox software installed. ... Did you install any of ... I re-established my ISP mail accounts with the unfamiliar server names & ...
  • Re: Problems with an Outside Threat who is accessing my computer I
    ... What disabled user accounts are being accessed and how to you know they are ... tojan from an email attachment or infected software that you install. ... > outside threat is Keylogging my passwords and accessing my DISABLED user ... > accounts and DISABLING my mcafee personal firewall plus services to gain ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: installing games so other users can access and save their game
    ... YES BUT I BOOTED IN TO SAFE MODE AND SIGNED ON AS ADMINISTRATOR AND RESET ... ALL ACCOUNTS TO FULL RIGHTS ADMINISTRATOR AND THEN INSTALL WORKED FINE (IT ... ALL THE ACCOUNTS GET THE ERROR AGAIN THIS ERROR DOESN'T HAPPEN WITH ALL ... ALL ACCOUNTS ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE PERMISSIONS OVER EVERYTHING ...
    (microsoft.public.games)
  • Re: XP Home Password Prompted but None Set
    ... The problem first occurred after I did a clean install of XP ... day when I resumed from Hibernate, I was again faced with password ... accounts: ... (or in one case when I simply selected Logout, Switch User to login to ...