RE: Database Roles

Hi Michael,

Thank you for using MSDN Managed Newsgroup Support.

From your description, my understanding of this issue is: You want to
assign a database role to be a member of another database role. If I
misunderstood your concern, please feel free to let me know.

You can not assign a database role to be a member of another database role.

If you want to grant the same permission of another database role and
extend the permission, please grant the CONTROL permission to the database
role for your additional database role.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on this product.

We are very interested in your thoughts and opinions for improvements that
we can make to provide the features and functionality you and your
customers would like to see.

To provide your feedback, please go the following website:
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/default.aspx

Sincerely,

Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support