Re: SQL Server Security Question

SQL Server 2005 can encrypt data. EFS can encrypt files. It is possible,
with SQL 2005, to encrypt data without the DBA being able to decrypt it. In
that case, you have to use symmetric keys.

--
Tom

Thomas A. Moreau, BSc, PhD, MCSE, MCDBA
SQL Server MVP
Toronto, ON Canada
..
"Alex" <alim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

One of my clients is looking for a encryption tool for SQL Server to make
data, data files and backup files unavailable to unauthorized users AND
DBAs. DBAs should still be able to perform administrative tasks but not
query the data. Their current environment is SQL Server 2000 SP4 on Windows
2003 SP1 and upgrade to SQL 2005 is possible.

Is there such a tool and if so, do you have any recommendations?

Thanks

  • SQL Server Security Question
    ... One of my clients is looking for a encryption tool for SQL Server to make ... data files and backup files unavailable to unauthorized users AND ... DBAs should still be able to perform administrative tasks but not ... Their current environment is SQL Server 2000 SP4 on Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • RE: Encrypt data - SQL Server 2000
    ... Encrypt data - SQL Server 2000 ... We have already implemented a tight security schema for the server, ... database and user groups, but business users want ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Application concerns OVER Login
    ... I don't know your exact requirements, but at least with SQL Server if you ... certainly use a third party tool to encrypt data, but the database schema ... More often than not, technology ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Encrypting Data in SQL Server Tables
    ... > I was hoping that someone knew of a way to encrypt data ... > DTS the confidential data into SQL Server 2000. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • RE: Encryption of Data
    ... SQL Server 2005 will support this at column level using Certificates. ... Regards ... "Jane" wrote: ... > We have a requirement to encrypt data within SQL Server, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)