Re: SQL2005 sys tables

The database dropdown box is in SQL Server Management Studio just like in
Query Analyzer. Maybe you don't have the SQL Editor toolbar open. Try this.
From the toolbar, select View, point to Toolbars and from the list of
toolbars, select SQL Editor.

You can also change the database context by using the USE statement in the
query editor. See the USE (Transact-SQL) topic in Books Online.

USE pubs
GO
SELECT * from authors

USE Northwind
GO
SELECT * FROM Orders

USE AdventureWorks
GO
SELECT * FROM Person.Address

To me, this is an easier method than selecting from the drop-down, but
either way you get the same results.

Regards,
--
Gail Erickson [MS]
SQL Server Documentation Team

"mecn" <mecn2002@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Sorry,

I mean in sql2000 query analyzer I can do the select statement against
diff dbs. all i need to do is that I click the dropdown box and change the
database and exec the select statement, It's very simple. Now in sql2005.
I need to run a select statement in one db only. no drropdown box to
select db in the same query analyzer window,

Thanks
"Gail Erickson [MS]" <gaile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
One more question, In sql2000 I can run query analyzer and in the same
window i could change the the dbs in the server.
In sql2005, I couldn't WHY?

Sorry, I don't understand the question. Can you try again and if you are
getting an error message, please include the exact error message text.

--
Gail Erickson [MS]
SQL Server Documentation Team
rights

"mecn" <mecn2002@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks,
One more question, In sql2000 I can run query analyzer and in the same
window i could change the the dbs in the server.
In sql2005, I couldn't WHY?

THnaks

"mecn" <mecn2002@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

In sql2005, I don't a lot of sys tables in master db.
i.e. sysusers and syslogins?

ANy ideas?

Thanks

.