Re: SQL2005 sys tables

The database dropdown box is in SQL Server Management Studio just like in
Query Analyzer. Maybe you don't have the SQL Editor toolbar open. Try this.
From the toolbar, select View, point to Toolbars and from the list of
toolbars, select SQL Editor.

You can also change the database context by using the USE statement in the
query editor. See the USE (Transact-SQL) topic in Books Online.

USE pubs
GO
SELECT * from authors

USE Northwind
GO
SELECT * FROM Orders

USE AdventureWorks
GO
SELECT * FROM Person.Address

To me, this is an easier method than selecting from the drop-down, but
either way you get the same results.

Regards,
--
Gail Erickson [MS]
SQL Server Documentation Team

"mecn" <mecn2002@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Sorry,

I mean in sql2000 query analyzer I can do the select statement against
diff dbs. all i need to do is that I click the dropdown box and change the
database and exec the select statement, It's very simple. Now in sql2005.
I need to run a select statement in one db only. no drropdown box to
select db in the same query analyzer window,

Thanks
"Gail Erickson [MS]" <gaile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
One more question, In sql2000 I can run query analyzer and in the same
window i could change the the dbs in the server.
In sql2005, I couldn't WHY?

Sorry, I don't understand the question. Can you try again and if you are
getting an error message, please include the exact error message text.

--
Gail Erickson [MS]
SQL Server Documentation Team
rights

"mecn" <mecn2002@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks,
One more question, In sql2000 I can run query analyzer and in the same
window i could change the the dbs in the server.
In sql2005, I couldn't WHY?

THnaks

"mecn" <mecn2002@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

In sql2005, I don't a lot of sys tables in master db.
i.e. sysusers and syslogins?

ANy ideas?

Thanks

  • Re: limits of SQL Server???
    ... I suspect that the problem has more to do with your method of data access/retrieval/display than with SQL Server. ... Running this statement within Query Analyzer displays the 2155 rows in 0 seconds: ... > Does the data come back quickly from the database? ... > "mickey" wrote in message ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: sqlserver and access
    ... solid on exactly what SQL Server is. ... Query Analyzer is simply a tool that allows an administrator/developer to ... Your "central main database system" is actually a SQL Server. ... or would I need the help of a network administrator? ...
  • Re: Questions about tables upsized db from access to sql
    ... You said you could see it in Query Analyzer ... but can you see it in your Access database? ... >I have an Access DB that I upsized to a SQL server DB. ... >I am running MS-SQL 2000 standard on a Windows 2003 Standard server. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: Correct Deleted Default Database??
    ... >>It is not possible to restore dropped database because ... >>connected over trusted connection users and SQL ... Using Query Analyzer or any other tool try to login ... but SQL Server complains that sa is ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Idiomatic Expressions to Operating System Architecture: Transforming Rigids
    ... <Subject: Re: Idiomatic Expressions to Operating ... <endpoint during a single session * DATABASE + by ... <statements is a new feature of SQL Server 2005. ...
    (sci.math)