Error when trying to execute a job from windows service.

Hi,

I'm trying to execute a DTS package from a .NET service. The service is
running under a domain account that owns the job which it executes using
'sp_start_job'. The call to the sp succeeds however checking the Job history
gives: -

"The job failed. Unable to determine if the owner (DOMAIN\ServiceUser) of
job <JobName> has server access (reason: Could not obtain information about
Windows NT group/user 'DOMAIN\ServiceUser'. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 8198))."

SQL Server 2000 SP4
Both SQLServer + SQLAgent run under a domain account (different to the
service)
ServiceUser has login to sql server not an admin, however I've tried using
the SQL Agent Proxy account still no success.

Any ideas?

thanks Paul

  • xp_cmdshell
    ... I believe I have set everything up correctly in SQL Server ... to execute the xp_cmdshell command. ... xp_sqlagent_proxy_account command to proxy the non-SA user ... permissions that must be granted to the domain account ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Give more rights to a user
    ... user (a domain account) can't execute a file or change a setting in ... He has not enough rights. ... rights for execute file, change controls panel config, install/ ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Linked Server Connection Problem
    ... Use SQL authentication to connect to the SQL server from the client, ... set the domain account used to start SQL Server to have permissions in the ... Establish a SPN for your domain account which will enable Kerberos ... Load the Active Directory Users and Computers MMC snap-in. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: SQL Services account question...
    ... I wish you'd say the reason of not using a domain account as a service account for the SQL Server. ... Backup operations are performed by SQL Server service, at this point I don't know what goes on under hood exactly but SQL Server service may be needed to communicate to the AD for validation of the database owner and as the SQL Server service is a local one, it can't achieve this task. ... > Source: Security Event ID: 537 ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Login failed for user NT AUTHORITYANONYMOUS LOGON
    ... >>I've enabled anonymous access, setting it to the correct domain account, ... >> the correct permissions in sql server ... > That means the local user permissions, the SQL Server, etc. ... >> c) I've enabled anonymous access, setting it to the correct domain account, ...