Windows Authentication Problem

Hi,

I am trying to set up an intranet site with windows authentication. I
have set this up in IIS by turning off Anon Users.

I am now trying to get the user logged in to connect to the SQL
Database (on a different machine). I tried by creating a Windows Group
[Win 2003 Server Domain] (to which I could add those users I wanted to
have access to the Database) but with no luck.

In case I had set this group up incorrectly, I decided to add a Login
to the SQL Server for Domain Users, which would mean that all Domain
Users would have access to the DB. I have then added a database user
to the specific database i want to use and associated it with the
login.

However, I am always getting the "Login Failed for user (null). Not
associated with trusted connection."

Can anyone suggest why this might not be working?

Many thanks,

Andrew

  • Windows Authentication Problem
    ... I am trying to set up an intranet site with windows authentication. ... Database. ... [Win 2003 Server Domain] ... In case I had set this group up incorrectly, I decided to add a Login ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Troubles with Security Model - Advice Needed Please
    ... In IIS, I have disabled anonymous access so that only Integrated Windows authentication is used. ... Cannot open database requested in login 'DatabaseName'. ...
  • Troubles with Security Model - Advice Needed Please
    ... In IIS, I have disabled anonymous access so that only Integrated Windows authentication is used. ... Cannot open database requested in login 'DatabaseName'. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: PDO: Switch database user without reopening connection
    ... At the bare minimum there will be a login user who only has ... modifications to the database as well (editors get update permission, ... As database connections are expensive to ... a certain visitor in the Session, and use that value to start the right ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: PDO: Switch database user without reopening connection
    ... At the bare minimum there will be a login user who only has ... the postgres user they are logged in as to one that can make ... modifications to the database as well (editors get update permission, ... As database connections are expensive to ...
    (comp.lang.php)