Re: SQL thinks it's Slammer

Do you have SQL Server named instances on the server? If so, you need to
apply SP4 individually to each because each instance is largely independent
of the others. I ask because of the statement you made:

It's when multiple instaces are run we get this error:

Were you not referring to SQL Server instances?

--
Hope this helps.

Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP

"Chris" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks for your reply Dan. When you say each instance how do you mean? SP4
was run from the setup and it just applied it to SQL Server 2000. Wouldn't
this apply it to everything SQL related? And how do you mean each much be
patched? What do I have to do here. Hope you can help. Thanks

"Dan Guzman" wrote:

Your original post specified that you have SQL Server 2000 SP4 installed.
Verify you have installed SP4 on all instances; each must be patched
individually.

--

It's when multiple instaces are run we get this error:
-2147467259 (80004005)
[Microsoft]ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Socket]
General network error. Check your network documentation.

It drops the network connection when it's overloaded and thinks it's
the
slammer causing this. Or so we believe. Any thoughts on this, or
whether
there is a fix? Thanks

"Chris" wrote:

Can SQL server 2000 think that the slammer virus is affecting it and
start
shutting it's services down, or limiting it's service? I was told that
sql
2000 SP4 has the slammer fix, and if multiple queries are used the SQL
server
thinks it's the slammer virus. Is this true? Is there a way to prevent
this
if so?

.