Re: SQL 2005 - audit SELECT statements?

Well the only way really is to run a trace full time but that can add a lot
of overhead if you have a high volume system.

--
Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP

"Joe" <joe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi!

Any ideas on how to audit *select* statements with SQL 2005?

This is a pretty common requirement with databases where one needs to keep
track of who-saw-what.
Oracle has had it for ages... wasn't able to find it anywhere for sql
2005... but need the functionallity.

Regards,

Joe

  • Re: trace on oracle
    ... just want to see all the sql, It is a developerserver so I do not worry ... about the amount of "trace" data... ... bla bla bla ... >> i´m very new to oracle... ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: cant get the correct num of rows from Oracle. in 2 SQL servers ( sql 7.0 and SQL 2000)
    ... I was referring to a trace on the Oracle database, to see what SQL code the Oracle database ... Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP ... >> Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: cant get the correct num of rows from Oracle. in 2 SQL servers ( sql 7.0 and SQL 2000)
    ... I was referring to a trace on the Oracle database, to see what SQL code the Oracle database ... Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP ... >> Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP ...
  • Re: Simple timeout problem
    ... Brian, I haven't found anything specific on this error. ... We'd want to limit the trace to just the BizTalkRuleEngineDB. ... To run a trace go to SQL Profiler (under the SQL Server entry in the start ... | are reporting a timeout condition trying to connect to the SQL database. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Profiler Bug viewing trace flat file?
    ... Kalen Delaney, SQL Server MVP ... Run this code to create a trace capture of the RPC:Complete event: ... declare @error INT ... Now open the trace file in Profiler and you will see that the Textdata ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)