Re: 'Domain\LocalServer$' is not a valid user

Hi Beppe,

Thanks for your update.

Have you tried to use the Domain user account to run the SQL Server?
If you use the TEST_DOMAIN\NICK account to run the SQL Server Service on
both machine, does this issue occur?

concerns, don't hesitate to let me know. We are here to be of assistance!

Sincerely yours,

Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

  • RE: Domain or Local User Account for Laptop SQL 2008 Services
    ... I think I'd like to use a Domain User Account for the SQL 2008 services, but if I do this, will SQL Server function properly when I'm not connected to my network? ... SQL Server will try to connect to your domain controller for establishing authentication at startup if you configured your SQL Server service to a domain user account. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Linked Server Connection Error: 18459
    ... Did either of your SQL Server instances run under a domain user account? ... I recommend that you first ensure that your SQL Server ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: Windows authentication/impersonation.. login failed for user null?
    ... You must make sure that domain user account or the domain security group ... ia mapped to a SQL server login/Sql Server ... database user. ... and then make specific SQL Server login as ...
  • Re: Windows authentication/impersonation.. login failed for user null?
    ... You must make sure that domain user account or the domain security group ... ia mapped to a SQL server login/Sql Server ... database user. ... and then make specific SQL Server login as ...
  • Re: Disallow administrator access
    ... Remove the builtin\Administrators from the SQL Server instead of deny. ... "Todd Hazer" wrote in message ... > I have added my domain user account to the security logins and set ... > Jonas Larsen wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)