SQLServer2k Database Owners

hi,

I am looking into changing the actual owner (or creator) of the SQL
Server databases to SA, and granting db_owner to these previous owners.

Is there any benefit to doing this, or is it a waste of time?

What is a good standard for database ownership?

Thanks,

JE.

  • Re: SQLServer2k Database Owners
    ... > I am looking into changing the actual owner (or creator) of the SQL ... > Server databases to SA, and granting db_owner to these previous owners. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Missing table
    ... execute the commands within Query Analyzer. ... The first piece of sql displays the table owner, type, and the name of the table. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • RE: Is the Folowing Applicationb Possible
    ... Therfore are you saying it is possible to create a useable app ... that uses SQL properly - but based around Sharepoint 'front end' AND is easy ... Then have a drop down list so that a users could easliy pick the owner. ...
  • Re: DAP & SQL 2000
    ... I imported everything I had in Access to SQL, ... everything I imported has the owner "quote" ... Even tho I imported 3 tables I only use 1 (which does have a primary key) ... > on the Data Outline view and, in the case of the source, has the owner be ...
    (microsoft.public.access.dataaccess.pages)
  • Re: Permissions and ODBC
    ... objects have the same owner. ... case of dbo-owned objects in different databases, ... See the SQL 2003 SP3 Books Online for more ... > The Ms Access program executes a stored procedure that resides in SQL ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)