Re: SQL 2000: Profiler Access

From: Andrew J. Kelly (sqlmvpnooospam_at_shadhawk.com)
Date: 11/18/05

    Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 23:17:00 -0500

    The user must have sa rights in SQL 2000 to use profiler.

    --
    Andrew J. Kelly  SQL MVP
    "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I need to give access of profiler to developers and what is the best way
    > for
    > me to allow the access and not disclosing the sysadmin login? Can I let
    > user
    > access to profiler w/o sysadmin rights?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Rob

    • Re: Monitoring Impact of a User in SQL Server
      ... At least it will be read only but they can still issue any queries they want. ... Profiler or Trace will allow you to see what each connection is doing. ... Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP ... I didnt actually realise SQL Server had ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)
    • Re: Weird parallel stored procedures execution problem
      ... Have you run profiler with errors and assertions events turned on? ... Are they just blocked or hung, ... Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP ... are stopping suddenly without any error message. ...
    • Re: How to prevent queries showing up in Profiler?
      ... run profiler they can see your code. ... to protect yourself with a good copywrite policy. ... Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP ... > to display SQL queries? ...
    • Re: View Results With SQL Profiler?
      ... There is no way to do that with profiler that I know of. ... network monitors to see what is returned over the network. ... Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP ... > I can see the TSQL inside by Stored Procs listed in my trace, ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)
    • Re: View Results With SQL Profiler?
      ... > There is no way to do that with profiler that I know of. ... > network monitors to see what is returned over the network. ... > Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP ... if you're app is utilizing certain TSQL constructs by matching returned data ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)