Moved database to new server...before creating logins

From: Brent White (
Date: 11/11/05

    Date: 11 Nov 2005 07:59:16 -0800

    I feel like an idiot for this.

    We are moving our SQL Server database (2000 Standard) to a new server
    (also 2000 standard--don't worry, we've got a separate license for it).
     What I did was backup the database on the old server and restore it to
    the new server for testing our software application.

    Only problem is, I didn't create the users beforehand, so now I can't
    log into the new server with the login. It says I can't access my
    default database.

    WIthout dropping the database, is there a way I can fix this? It would
    be easy enough to drop and re-restore the database, but if there is a
    shorter way that would also work just as well, please enlighten me.

    • Create SharePoint Portal failed.
      ... One mentioned ensuring that SQL Server uses a case ... 13:55:40 Service database server is 'USDC-JOHRIV'. ... Update dbo.propertylist set DisplayName = N'Last name' ...
    • Re: ADO Connection Timeout
      ... to the central server, but you are willing to live with periods where it ... i.e. a local database or even a text file. ... to function until the connection can be restored to the server. ...
    • Web Developers - Happy Hearts And HDTV! - Lockergnome
      ... Certificate on your MSIIS Web server. ... getting data from a database is only half the problem. ... Zend recently started a series about building rock solid code in PHP. ... which provides bulk database conversion. ...
    • Config for OLTP system
      ... extrenal disks fo the 60GByte database server. ... IBM Informix Dynamic Server Configuration Parameters ... # BUFFSIZE - OnLine no longer supports this configuration parameter. ...
    • Re: TNS could not resolve the connect identifier
      ... This database resides on Machine A. ... The Web server is running on Machine B. ... Using tnsping is not as good as using a real connection such as via ... client (note that this is terminology that appears in the 10g R2 ...