Re: VS 2005 - Server Explorer - Diagrams - Invalid DBO User

From: Lazer (Lazer_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/09/05

Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 08:44:23 -0800

YES I am having the same problam and by changing the compatibility level it
fixes the problem

The only problem with that is that my customers have not yet updated to SQL
2005 and I need the database to be in SQL 2000 compatibility level, and by
you saying that "you can always set it back to the orginal compatibility
level"

Do you mean that I will be able to backup and restore this database back to
my customer after that?

And what about the database diagrams will thay get deleted?

Thanks

"Gail Erickson [MS]" wrote:

> What's the compatibility mode of the database? If it's 80 or lower, you
> might try setting the compat mode to 90 and retrying. I read a post
> yesterday that indicated this might solve the problem. At least it wouldn't
> hurt to try - you can always set it back to the orginal compatibility level.
>
> --
> Gail Erickson [MS]
> SQL Server Documentation Team
>
> "Jay Douglas" <jayREMOVEIFNOTSPAM@jaydouglas.com> wrote in message
> > Tibor,
> >
> > I'm pretty sure that you are correct about the orphaned user as this
> > deployment of the database was a backup from a different database.
> >
> > However, I dropped the user mapping for MyUser to MyDatabase and also
> > removed the login. I recreated the login and user mapping for MyUser with
> > dbo schema and db_owner role and I'm receiving the same error......
> >
> > Any further help is very appreciated. I can't find any answers in Google.
> >
> > Thx again
> >
> > --
> > Jay Douglas
> > http://www.jaydouglas.com
> >

> > "Tibor Karaszi" <tibor_please.no.email_karaszi@hotmail.nomail.com> wrote
> > in message news:u%23TZ97I5FHA.884@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> >> Orphaned database owner (check the SID for dbo user in the database and
> >> that such exists in master for the logins).?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
> >> http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
> >> http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
> >> Blog: http://solidqualitylearning.com/blogs/tibor/
> >>

> >> "Jay Douglas" <jayREMOVEIFNOTSPAM@jaydouglas.com> wrote in message

Relevant Pages

  • Trying to set up a SQL Server Agent Account and I hit a wall....
    ... Our database is on SQL Server 2005, however it is set to compatibility mode ... You may need to set the compatibility level ... of the current database to a higher value to enable this feature. ... for the stored procedure sp_dbcmptlevel. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Attach SQL Server 2008 database to SQL Server 2000 Server
    ... Compatibility level affects functionality, not the actual database structure ... I have created a database in SQL Server 2008, ... It says it cannot attach the database because it is a newer version ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: SQL SERVER 2008 Create FullText stoplist table Failed
    ... What compatibility level is the database set to? ... According to BOL this will ... if it's lower than the STOPLIST keyword will not be ... Did you restore the database from another SQL Server? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.fulltext)