Re: GRANT SELECT for all tables

From: Dejan Sarka (dejan_please_reply_to_newsgroups.sarka_at_avtenta.si)
Date: 11/02/05

    Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 17:43:51 +0100

    In SQL 2000, you can add an user to db_datareader fixed role. This role has
    Select permission on all tables & views.

    --
    Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
    Mentor
    "owenmj" <owenmj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to grant select on all tables with in a database using
    > TSQL?
    > I don't like the idea of having to do it for every table...I'm looking for
    > short cut..
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    • Re: Column Level Permissions Security Issue
      ... role is granted SELECT rights as in "GRANT SELECT TO RWE", then a DENY ... When working with security in SQL Server it's imperative to understand ... discusses ownership chaining: http://www.sommarskog.se/dynamic_sql.html. ... there are users who have permission to access this ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • Re: SQL CLR Sproc isnt running right
      ... did you grant rights using the SQL Server 2005 Surface Area Config tool? ... and I got a permissions error back saying DBO doesn't have permission to insert records into the table... ... but the assemblie's stored procedures do all have execute permissions set for the role that the executing user is in... ... "William Vaughn" wrote in message ...
    • Re: Error !!! SQL XML Bulkload Please help
      ... Irwin Dolobowsky ... > The schedule job gets run by SQL server Agent and the SQL server agent is ... > which has also got the administrator permission. ... Is the scheduled job running as a different user? ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.xml)
    • System.Security.SecurityException with .NET 2005 Only
      ... Crystal Report from a SQL Server 2000 table. ... Friend WithEvents scnSQLConnection As _ ... The dialog box suggests clicking on "Add Permission to the Project." ... Restart the debugging session, same problem again. ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
    • After 2003 to 2005 Upgrade Wizard, Getting System.Security.SecurityException