Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator call failed.

umer.zafar_at_gmail.com
Date: 10/31/05

Date: 31 Oct 2005 02:16:36 -0800

hi...
I am trying to run MS DTC sample application (dblib) equipped
with MS SQL Server 2000.I am using following commnd line to
link SQL Servers on two different systems

"dblib -s1 abc -u1 administator -p1 password1
       -s2 xyz -u1 sa -p1 password2 "

Server 1: my PC (OS Xp)
Server 2: Remote PC (OS Win2k3)

But this gives following ERROR:

DB-LIBRARY error:
               Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator call failed.
Operating system error:
               Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator call failed.
dbenlisttrans() failed: 0

Probably remote PC is (why) not enlisted when it calls
"Enlist(&gSrv2,dbproc_server2,pTransaction);"

Suggestions are highly appreciated to resolve this problem
Thanks in advance
Umer

Relevant Pages

  • Re: TS vs VPN
    ... Using TS, w/o VPN ... The remote client connects to your local TS via Remote Desktop. ... "Foo" accesses the SQL server, which is nearby in a protected part of the network. ...
  • RE: SQL 2008 - remote connection to the SSIS 2008 - Access denied
    ... SQL Server configures the appropriate rights during the installation process, ... then add users/groups and assign the appropriate permissions. ... user who created the package apply to the writer role. ... I checked DCOM MsDts component and my user rights for the Remote ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • Re: Remote Database Connection with PocketPC/MSAccess Front End
    ... If you want to allow direct remote access for your Access data, I'd suggest writing a web service which your remote apps could use. ... The general problem with mobile access to remote data of any kind (including SQL Server which Windows Mobile devices can access directly remotely) is that sometimes the connection just isn't there. ... Generally the easiest backend data store to use for this local cache is going to be SQL Server Compact, which supports several sync strategies including the Access Sync Services that your question isn't about. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
  • RE: Login failed for user (null).
    ... used at signon to authenticate in SQL Server. ... connect the remote SQL Server database), is there any other data accessing ... What's the security identity used to access the remote SQL Server, ... the worker process identity. ...
  • RE: CTP3 Failure - Creating a Remote Distributor (error during decrypt
    ... with changes in the SQL Server service account after replication has been set ... Are the remote distributor and the publisher machines in the same domain? ... Are the distributor and publisher SQL Server Service running under domain ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.replication)