Re: Strange Error?

From: Miha (miha.bernik_at_email.si)
Date: 10/29/05

Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 11:46:12 +0200

Thanks for a tip, but we don't have any JDBC drivers.
I suppose that there must a a problem with a central application on a
server, so our outside experts are looking into it.
Regards
Miha
"Sue Hoegemeier" <Sue_H@nomail.please> wrote in message
> Is the application using the JDBC driver? I would guess so
> as that's typically when this error comes up.
> Are you using the latest version, service pack version of
> the driver JDBC Service Pack 3?
>
> -Sue
>
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:08:29 +0200, "Miha"
> <miha.bernik@email.si> wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>After installing SP4 on our company SQL200 Standard Server, we get the
>>following error on all client computers (WinXP,Win2000) that are using our
>>local apllication that is accessing sql database
>>What could be the problem? No settings were changed, only SP4 was
>>installed.
>>Any help will be appreciated
>>Regards
>>Miha
>>
>>Socket Error # 10054
>>Socket error (#10054): Connection reset by peer.
>>
>>Analyse & Solutions: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the
>>remote host. This normally results if the peer application on the remote
>>host is suddenly stopped, the host is rebooted, the host or remote network
>>interface is disabled, or the remote host uses a hard close (see
>>setsockopt
>>for more information on the SO_LINGER option on the remote socket). This
>>error may also result if a connection was broken due to keep-alive
>>activity
>>detecting a failure while one or more operations are in progress.
>>Operations
>>that were in progress fail with WSAENETRESET. Subsequent operations fail
>>with WSAECONNRESET.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Can image from Laptop A display on Laptop B?
    ... UltraVNC. ... need permission on each host to install the server on the target host ... permission on each remote host (so you can install the client there to ... to connect to the UltraVNC server back on the target host. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Can image from Laptop A display on Laptop B?
    ... screen also display on the screens of the other laptops, ... However, you need permission on each host to install the server on the target host (so you can connect to it from a remote host to see its screen), or permission on each remote host. ... UltraVNC can use an SSL plug-in to secure your traffic between the remote and server hosts, especially important for work if you are going across the Internet and not using a VPN. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • VPN Not able to pass traffic.
    ... I am configuring a VPN site 2 site tunnel. ... isakmp policy 5 authentication pre-share ... access-list to-phillips permit ip host local host ip remote host ip ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • [ RFC Index | Usenet FAQs | Web FAQs | Documents | Cities | Patents ] RFC 1 + Host
    ... RFC 1 + Host Software ... MEM Transmission and Error Checking ... Establishment of a Connection ... seems natural to provide the ability to use any remote HOST as if ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: a problem with C++
    ... an existing connection was forcibly closed by the ... remote host. ... Operations that were in progress fail with ... Subsequent operations fail with WSAECONNRESET. ...
    (comp.programming)