Re: Proxy Account

From: Sue Hoegemeier (Sue_H_at_nomail.please)
Date: 10/15/05

Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 10:57:16 -0600

In regards to the error, this can happen when the startup
account for SQL Server doesn't have the proper permissions.
If you change the accounts through Enterprise Manager, the
permissions and rights are taken care of for you. If not,
you need to go through and verify the correct rights and
permission. You could reset the service accounts through
Enterprise Manager or go through the following article to
check the permissions for the account:
HOW TO: Change the SQL Server or SQL Server Agent Service
Account Without Using SQL Enterprise Manager in SQL Server
2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=283811

-Sue

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:52:05 -0700, Lianne Kwock
<LianneKwock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I was trying to enable non-sysadmin account to exec xp_cmdshell through the
>setup of the SQL Agent proxy account in SQL Server Agent --> Properties -->
>Job system; however I got an message said: Unable to set the SQL Agent proxy
>account because of the reason listed below. 'Error executing extended stored
>procedure: specified user can not login'.
>
>I am using SQL Server 2000 8.00.194.
>

>Any help is highly appreciated.
>

>Thanks,
>Lianne

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Execute Persmission denied on object sp_OACreate
    ... If so what access and permissions. ... The account is a windows account. ... One method to test permissions is to log in to your SQL Server box using the ... >>> SA account password and gaining access to the database. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Cannot connect to Query Analyzer
    ... For Query Analyzer, I tried replacing the file as you suggested but had the ... same results (Enterprise Manager starts up fine, ... I created an account on my laptop and changed SQL ... Try replacing the MMC app for SQL Server from the original ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: Specifying a logon account for SQL Server 2005 services
    ... As I mentioned using a Windows domain account with no permissions is the ... configured only for very specific server and memory configurations. ... account to use while installing SQL Server, will SQL Server give this account ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • That is permission problem
    ... SQL Server 2005 can't attach database on Windows Vista ... It seems it must be a permissions problem. ... What is the service account for SQL Server? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)
  • Re: login security question
    ... > I have an application which connects to the SQL server. ... Use Enterprise Manager to access the database / roles. ... Give the Application Role the appropriate permissions. ... what the stored proc is called) using the secret password for the App Role ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)