Re: DELETE permission denied problem when using a stored proc to delet

From: Jens (Jens_at_sqlserver2005.de)
Date: 10/12/05

Date: 12 Oct 2005 00:25:04 -0700

As long as you dont activate ownership chain (as I assume that you are
deleting data in a different database) this won´t work. Ownerchip
chains is disabled by default since SP3.

Look for cross database ownership chain in BOL or for the thread:

http://groups.google.de/group/microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming/browse_frm/thread/4b86a2ccefd974af

HTH, JEns Suessmeyer.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Permission Denied executing SP that reads foreign table!
    ... > When a stored procedure is executed the user calling the SP may not have ... not checked as long as the objects involved have the same owner. ... the ownership chain, it is the login associated with the object owner. ... Since the login mapping for the 'dbo' user is determined by database ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: DELETE permission denied problem when using a stored proc to d
    ... Did you peruse the article in the link Jens posted? ... the 'db chaining' database option ... database owners the same. ... >> As long as you dont activate ownership chain (as I assume that you are ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Rights to change an SP
    ... What do you mean by "ownership chain issues"? ... >>I'd like to give a user the rights to change the code a several specific ... >>However I don't want to make him an owner of the database. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)