Domain group accounts

From: Owe Armandt (owe.armandt_at_visma.se)
Date: 10/06/05

Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 14:58:25 +0200

I have a problem with database access that I would like to sort out.

1. I gave a Windows 2003 server with SQL 2000 (SP3)
2. I decided to create different Windows Groups and add Windows accounts to
them to access different databases
3. This is where it starts giving me problem
4. I noticed that user belonging to one group (ie. database1 access) also
had access to database2
4. To test this I created a group called Test and addedd this to
Security/logins in Enterprise Manager and assigned this group access to
database1
5. I placed my own account into this group and that gave me access to all
other databases as well, even though the group Test is only set to
database1.

What is problem here??

Owe