Re: SQL 2005 Password Expiration

From: Mike Epprecht \(SQL MVP\) (mike_at_epprecht.net)
Date: 10/01/05

Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 00:07:41 +0200

Hi

The application developer must code for it and handle it. New error codes
and messages are included in SQL Server 2005

>From SQL Server 2005 BOL:
 15113 Login failed for user '%.*ls' Reason: Password validation failed.
The account is locked out.
 18463 Login failed for user '%.*ls'. Reason: Password change failed. The
password cannot be used at this time.
 18464 Login failed for user '%.*ls'. Reason: Password change failed. The
password does not meet policy requirements because it is too short.
 18465 Login failed for user '%.*ls'. Reason: Password change failed. The
password does not meet policy requirements because it is too long.
 18466 Login failed for user '%.*ls'. Reason: Password change failed. The
password does not meet policy requirements because it is not complex enough.
 18467 Login failed for user '%.*ls'. Reason: Password change failed. The
password does not meet the requirements of the password filter DLL.
 18468 Login failed for user '%.*ls'. Reason: Password change failed. An
unexpected error occurred during password validation.
 18487 Login failed for user '%.*ls'. Reason: The password of the account
has expired.
 18488 Login failed for user '%.*ls'. Reason: The password of the account
must be changed.

Regards
--------------------------------
Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Zurich, Switzerland

IM: mike@epprecht.net

MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp

Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/

"Dweller" <Dweller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Everybody knows that on SQL 2005 password expiration can be enabled for
> SQL
> logins. The question is how to know on a Client side about password
> expiration date in advance? You know, to ask user something like "You
> password will expire in a 2 days, do you wanna change it now or what?" :)
>
> Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Update string too long?
    ... > And we won't question to reason for this routine as you asked... ... Pro SQL Server 2000 Database Design - ... > support the full length of the inserted data? ...
  • RE: Identity/Seed Values
    ... is not a substitute for this. ... SQL Server doesn't change the IDENTITY value ... IDENTITY yourself except by deleting and then inserting a row (another reason ... why you shouldn't tie external meaning to an arbitrary IDENTITY value). ...
  • Re: Different results in SQL and Access
    ... This suggests a reason why you are getting different results. ... in MS-Access, with a table Linked to the SQL Server table, I get the ... This email account is my spam trap so I ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: Migrating from 97 to 2002+ / JET to MSDE
    ... On the other hand with such system now that includes emailing of data ... If you move to sql server, then it seems reasonable to have each of the ... I see no reason to migrate to sql server unless you going to use the extra ... And, as mentioned, ms-access is not going ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Need Urgent solution
    ... I'd tend to believe though that for some reason you're on ... >Internet Security and Acceleration Server ... >ISA Server: isashanthi ... >>your ISA logfiles for error codes. ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)