0x80004005 - you need permission to view its data

From: Jeff Grundy (JeffsGrundy_at_nospam.nospam)
Date: 09/01/05

    Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 12:55:09 -0700

    I have created a linked server to an Access97 database. The Access97 database
    is not on the SQL server box. If I am logged onto the sql server machine I
    can query/update the Linked Access97 db. If I try to query the Linked
    Access97 db on a machine other than the Sql Server I get the following error.

    Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' reported an error.
    [OLE/DB provider returned message: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot
    open the file
    '\\mdtnts-mips\MDTNTS-MIPS_D\Apps\M-I-R-S\Database\MIRS_Data.mdb'. It is
    already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view
    its data.]
    OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0'
    IDBInitialize::Initialize returned 0x80004005: ].

    --
    Jeff

    • Re: access97
      ... There are do direct ways to do so (unless sql server is opened to external ... Modern way is to use web service (built in .NET), ... > does anybody know how to send a table from access97 database to a sql ...
      (microsoft.public.access.developers.toolkitode)
    • Access Linked table
      ... I have a linked table in access97 database that links to a table on a ... Every month the table on the sql server gets dropped and ... re created with differant column names. ... What I need to do in my VB app ...
    • Re: Full Text Max Size?
      ... and depending upon what your is your SQL Server version and SP ... > from the OLE DB provider 'Full-text Search Engine'. ... > OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'Full-text Search Engine' ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.fulltext)
    • SQL Server linked server to Active Directory
      ... When I try to connect a SQL Server to our Active Directory via SQL Server's 'Linked Servers', ... Could not obtain a required interface from the OLE DB provider 'ADsDSOObject'. ... OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'ADsDSOObject' IUnknown:: QueryInterface returned ... ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: UPDATE Statement Involving Tables in Different Databases
      ... 'SQLOLEDB' was unable to begin a distributed transaction. ... OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' ... If the databases are on the same instance of SQL Server, ...
      (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)