Re: Limiting access to SQL Server 2000 for our junior developers

bcrenshaw99_at_yahoo.com
Date: 08/09/05

Date: 8 Aug 2005 23:01:45 -0700

Hey Dandy

Thanks for the quick response :-)

I would assume that because database roles are created per database, I
would have do this on all 25 db's?

Dandy Weyn [Dandyman] wrote:
> Create a database role
> grant the role data_reader permission
> grant the role data_writer permission
> grant the role the CREATE TABLE permission
> deny the role DELETE Permission on any object
>

> --
> Dandy Weyn
> [MCSE-MCSA-MCDBA-MCDST-MCT]
> http://www.dandyman.net
>
> Check my SQL Server Resource Pages at http://www.dandyman.net/sql
> <bcrenshaw99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All
> >
> > I've been given a task to lockdown access to our database server to our
> > 6 junior developers. We currently have about 25 databases on our SQL
> > Server. I'm trying to do the following the easiest way:
> >
> > 1. Create six separate logins
> > 2. For all 25 db's only allow selects, inserts and updates for them to
> > all tables.
> > 3. They must be able to create tables but not drop or truncate
> > anything.
> > 4. Of course no access to the master db
> > 5. Lock out all dangerous sp's like xp_cmdshell
> >
> > I'm new to SQL permissions. What would be the easiest way to doing
> > this without manually adding all the permissions table level for each
> > login?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help.
> >
> > Bill

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Unable to connect to cube via Excel pivot table
    ... Are you part of the olap administrator user group. ... If not you need to set database roles in AS that would alow you to look at ... > I have a cube on an Analysis Services 2000 database that I am trying to ... > OLAP database has been changed or you don't have permission to access ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
  • Re: grant database roles to read-only specified schema
    ... GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA:: schema1 TO contract_role ... I'm trying to grant a database roles to have "select" to the ... tables to contract_role instead of choosing one by one and click? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • grant database roles to read-only specified schema
    ... I'm trying to grant a database roles to have "select" to the ... tables within schema1. ... tables to contract_role instead of choosing one by one and click? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)