Recurring Event Log Errors

From: RsrAdministrator123 (RsrAdministrator123_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/29/05

Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:56:06 -0700

Our SQL server generate three Event Log errors everytime we reboot the server
or save and clear the Event logs.

The errors are as follows:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: SQLSERVERAGENT
Event Category: Alert Engine
Event ID: 318
Date: 7/27/2005
Time: 2:15:30 PM
User: N/A
Computer: RSR-FULMNT01
Unable to read local eventlog (reason: The event log file has changed
between read operations).

Event Type: Information
Event Source: SQLSERVERAGENT
Event Category: Alert Engine
Event ID: 311
Date: 7/27/2005
Time: 2:15:30 PM
User: N/A
Computer: RSR-FULMNT01
Attempting to to re-open the local eventlog...

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: SQLSERVERAGENT
Event Category: Alert Engine
Event ID: 312
Date: 7/27/2005
Time: 2:15:30 PM
User: N/A
Computer: RSR-FULMNT01
Successfully re-opened the local eventlog - NOTE: Some events may have been
missed.

Why does this error occur, is this a potential problem?

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Error 0x80041010 WinMgmt when launching SQL SERVER MANAGEMENT STUD
    ... the following error in the event log: ... will be a fix for this known issue on SQL Server SP2. ... If it has much business impact on you, I recommend that you open a Support ... For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support phone ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)
  • Re: catalog is empty after populating
    ... SQL Server is installed as the "Microsoft Search" service cannot write it's ... Tools -> Event Viewer and review the Application event log. ... >is only 1 MB and the catalog doesn't contain any items. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.fulltext)
  • Re: How Do I Prevent SQL 2000 From Posting This Message To The Event Viewer - Application Log
    ... situation (event log overload from transaction replication on 40+ DBs). ... Go to the SQL Server Properties via Enterprise Manager (i.e. right ... Erland Sommarskog wrote: ... TRACEOFF turns off the trace flag! ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
  • Full Text Indexing Error
    ... I see a lot of these in my Event log on the SQL Server for my Windows ... These documents will not be passed to MSSearch for indexing, ... therefore this failure will not be reflected in the end of crawl summary ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.fulltext)
  • Re: 18456 Login failed for user NT AUTHORITYSYSTEM
    ... Associated with this is event id 17055 from MSSQLSERVER w/description 18456: Login failed for user NT ... These messages occur in bursts of of over 100 messages every 5 minutes and just flood the application event log w/entries I think what's going on is the Alert Engine is a service running under local system and is unable to connect to SQL server. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)