Re: sp_MSdbuseraccess

From: Jean Davis (jean_davis_200_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/14/05

Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:12:17 +0100

Yes - I've already used that but it still displays the system databases that
you cannot remove the Guest user from eg. master and tempdb.

"David Portas" <REMOVE_BEFORE_REPLYING_dportas@acm.org> wrote in message
> The following article describes a fix to do just that so as to improve
> performance in EM. This isn't a security feature though. You can't stop
> users seeing the DBs using other tools.

> --
> David Portas
> SQL Server MVP
> --

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Re:Securing Enterprise Manager Access
    ... "master" database: ... cannot drop the guest user from master or tempdb. ... "testuser" can still query tables in the "master" ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Re:Securing Enterprise Manager Access
    ... go to book online and learn how guest user ... msdb and master. ... >> Remove the guest user from msdb and master database. ... and "tempdb" ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Database User Permissions
    ... You can't remove the guest user from master or tempdb but you can ... Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP) ... > required the Guest user account removing. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • ok to remove guest from msdb?
    ... BOL says "The guest user can be deleted and added to all databases ... except master and tempdb, ... any reason for guest to be in msdb? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Guest userin Master and tempdb database
    ... Is it OK for me to delete the Guest user in Master and tempdb database? ... Dennis. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)