Re: problems scheduling backups

From: Sue Hoegemeier (Sue_H_at_nomail.please)
Date: 07/12/05

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 18:05:54 -0600

Are you using MSDE? I vaguely remember some of what you
describe with a data type error under this scenario.
Did you try just creating a job instead of using maintenance
plans? Writing your own jobs will generally give you more
flexibility that using maintenance plans.

-Sue

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:00:01 -0700, bagman3rd
<bagman3rd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am having problems scheduling backups. It seems pretty straight-forward,
>but will not work. I have tried a few different approaches.
>
>1. in EM, under Management>Database Maintenance Plans, I have tried to set
>up a Database Maintenance Plan, but whenever I try to schedule a backup, it
>acts like it is fine, but when you close the DM plan and re-open the plan,
>the schedule always is gone and does not exist. I have also gotten errors
>stating that the plan could not be created because of a "int to smallint"
>conversion error, which absolutely baffles me.
>
>2. In EM, under Management>Backups, I have tried to creat a backup with a
>schedule, but once again, the schedule disappears as soon as I close the
>dialog box and open it again.
>
>3. I have right clicked on the db, go to all tasks>backup database, but I
>encounter the same problem in that I cannot schedule a backup.
>
>The backup itself works fine but I cannot seem to schedule any backup.
>
>Please help. This is driving me nuts!!!
>
>Archer
>
>PS: I am also having problems posting to this group using IE, but Firefox
>allows me to post.

Relevant Pages

  • problems scheduling backups
    ... in EM, under Management>Database Maintenance Plans, I have tried to set ... up a Database Maintenance Plan, but whenever I try to schedule a backup, it ... the schedule always is gone and does not exist. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • problems scheduling backups
    ... in EM, under Management>Database Maintenance Plans, I have tried to set ... up a Database Maintenance Plan, but whenever I try to schedule a backup, it ... the schedule always is gone and does not exist. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • RE: SBS Backup Error 0X8007007A
    ... have you manually create a scheduled backup job using the ... NTBackup tool and see if the backup works. ... If the Task Scheduler service is not already running, ... schedule", ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Data Protector 6.0 scheduling mysteries
    ... In our complex scenario with many hosts and devices, I wrote a backup ... As DP cannot schedule at 17:10, the backup was scheduled at 17:00 also. ... and data protection. ... The omnitrig process is what actually schedules the sessions, ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hpux)
  • Re: database log truncated, transaction log backup job failed
    ... I got it fixed by selecting the specific databases in the Maintenance plan. ... step that runs the transaction log dump". ... Unfortunately, I recall now, that maintenance plans do a good job of ... it seems like the only time you need to backup the transaction logs is ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)