Re: MS03-031 on WS03 SP1

From: Sophie Guo [MSFT] (v-sguo_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/14/05

Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:27:24 GMT

Hello,

I have checked the files version on the test machine which has the WSS SP1
installed. Most files versions are latest (The same version of patch files.)

After going to Windows update web site and install the latest Windows
Updates, MBSA doesn't report the MS03-031 any more.

Therefore, I recommend you perform the following steps:

1. Download and install WSS SP1 from the following web site:
Download Windows SharePoint Services with Service Pack 1
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/sharepoint/wss.mspx

2. Install the latest Windows Updates from Windows update web site.

I hope the information is helpful.

Sophie Guo
Microsoft Online Partner Support

  • Re: manual MS Update fails (gen. host proc. fail) but works automa
    ... I thought I'd post a quick update to my windows update issue with generic ... Updates were failing for various 'generic host process' errors with various ... The memory was added to the laptop when it had Vista to upgrade from 1 ... unresponsive when you try to install an update from Windows Update or ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: I am having connectivity problems
    ... Are you telling me that the ZA firewall AND the Windows Firewall was enabled when you installed SP3 via Windows Update? ... This Service "protects" Windows and disallows certain changes to be made (e.g., the changes install SP3 will make), so it should have been disabled prior to installing SP3. ... does the connection problem persist? ...
  • Re: Windows Update Error on XP 64bit: update is redirected from v6
    ... I stopped it, did a cold boot, and afterward tried windows update, but still ... This was a fresh install on a new hd and has been extremely stable .. ... Proxycfg settings WORKED. ... Microsoft Windows 2000 Operating System Group Policy Result tool ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Can not run windows update successfully
    ... Microsoft offers free email support for update problems. ... What is the problem with windows update and how can I fix it? ... sp2 install after running for a while says "An internal error occurred" and ... Downloaded and installed Windows Update Agent from following web site; ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Windows XP failing
    ... > I had a problem where windows update reported that the "Update for Outlook ... > 2003 Junk email filter KB905648" had failed to install. ... > I am NOT impressed with the fact that the Microsoft "help" has given me such ... > A software firewall is a security system that acts as a protective boundary ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)