Re: EM Deny Registration

From: Uri Dimant (urid_at_iscar.co.il)
Date: 04/14/05

    Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:03:16 +0300

    LD
    You can restict permissions to do any operations per database. Let me say if
    the user has not permissions to operate with a database XXX ,so he will not
    be able to get in vs EM.

    "LD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can one deny registration of a particular SQL Server
    > through Enterprise Manager and still be able to open a
    > query analyzer and access the target database of that
    > particular server (read only)? My problem is some users
    > had a green light from above to have an Enterprise
    > Manager installed on their server but yet have very
    > little experience navigating it. I am afraid if they
    > registered this particular server and accidentally open a
    > table (all rows). I can not deny them access completely
    > since they need to have read access from the database.

    • Create SharePoint Portal failed.
      ... One mentioned ensuring that SQL Server uses a case ... 13:55:40 Service database server is 'USDC-JOHRIV'. ... Update dbo.propertylist set DisplayName = N'Last name' ...
    • Re: major security concern - any sql user with minimal permission can see code for all stored procs
      ... this you may well enter the realm of an unsupported configuration and that's ... > things - and hence has enterprise manager - then this approach won't work. ... > If you just want to lock down a database, then I'd try my approace - lock ... >>> who needed to execute an SP on my server at his location. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • Re: restore master and not working the enterprise manager**
      ... Enterprise Manager is different from what's stored in the backup. ... I suggest you go to command prompt, and login to SQL Server using the same ... specify the default database as master). ... restored now) was taken, then you will have to restore or attach those ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
    • Re: ADO Connection Timeout
      ... to the central server, but you are willing to live with periods where it ... i.e. a local database or even a text file. ... to function until the connection can be restored to the server. ...
      (microsoft.public.data.ado)
    • Re: Replication left the database in a weird state
      ... I've noticed the following under the database server: ... but it was mild enought for SQL Server to recover from ... this time I could actually drill in the Enterprise Manager ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.replication)