Problems running SQL Services under a not privileged user account

From: danA (dea_at_deamon.com)
Date: 04/06/05

Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:48:44 +0100

I am using SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003+SP1.
I have a problem with running the SQL services under a regular USER account.
I created a local user account, member of the USER group and setup the SQL
Server and Agent to run under that account.
The service couldn't be started (Access denied) until I made that user
member of Administrators.
What could be wrong?
Thanks,
Dan

Relevant Pages

  • I see whats wrong with forced protocol encryption now! Heres the easiest solution.
    ... Assuming you have a box ready for an SQL install. ... Create yourself an unprivileged user account. ... Install SQL server. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)
    ... Product Installation Status ... SQL Express Features: ... I don't even know if I need this SQL Server and I ... account password, invalid user account, user account does not have ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: SQL/User Account
    ... "Richard Waymire " wrote: ... What is in the SQL Server errorlog at \program ... >> I've used SEM to grant a Windows user account system admin rights to ... >> indicated in the "Adding a SQL Server Login" in SQL Server Books Online, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: SQL Server user account
    ... We have not yet deployed any SQL dbs, ... the online docs say that the user account needs read/write ... >>a user account for SQL Server to use. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SQL/User Account
    ... All in all it seems I'll be able to remove the built in admin account now. ... What is in the SQL Server errorlog at \program ... >> I've used SEM to grant a Windows user account system admin rights to ... >> indicated in the "Adding a SQL Server Login" in SQL Server Books Online, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)