Re: DB access for web apps

From: Rafal W. (RafalW_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/21/05

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:39:02 -0800

thanks for response, will this allow execute sp_ ?

"Dejan Sarka" wrote:

> For a qick improvement, membership in the
> db_datareader (can select all data from any user table in the database) and
> db_datawriter (can modify any data in any user table in the database)
> roles should be enough. Then you can study grainer permissions needed.
>
> --
> Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
> Associate Mentor
> www.SolidQualityLearning.com
>

> "Rafal W." <RafalW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have custom .net web based application running on IIS 6 which has
> SQL2000
> > running in background, access to this application is based on UIDs and
> > password from "users" table in SQL, my question is regarding web.config
> > file... this file has user name and password that allow web application
> talk
> > to SQL db, what sql role should this account have in order to .net
> > application work corectly? db owner will do but I'm wondering this is too
> > much...
> >
> > TIA

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Protection Database Demo
    ... Ok Dejan Sarka ... >database to anybody. ... >I need to create a demo versíon using a SQL Server 2000 ... >my script, design, rules, etc. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Deleting Pub Tables
    ... > Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP ... > Associate Mentor ... >> I previously had a publication set up on my database. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: create dimensions programmatically
    ... some locks when you try to process the dimension. ... process on complete database? ... Dejan Sarka ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.datamining)
  • Re: Get changed object list
    ... Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP ... "Henry Jia" wrote in message ... > 2 New functions are added and the database was changed with new created ...
  • Re: Shared v. Exclusive Access
    ... Control Panel, Add/remove programs, find Adobe, click Modify -> create Adobe ... The folder wherein the frontend resides grants Full permissions to the ... When I open the database, however, I don't get the message boxes. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)