Re: nt group in cluster

From: Geoff N. Hiten (sqlcraftsman_at_gmail.com)
Date: 03/21/05

    Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:36:01 -0500

    Use domain-level groups only. Do not use local server-specific groups when
    dealing with a cluster.

    Geoff N. Hiten
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    Senior Database Administrator

    "Gabriel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    Hi!

     Can anyone help with adding NT user group to sql server
    logins (with sys admin role)? I have two node active-
    pasive cluster (SQL Server 2000 Ent.edition, W2k advanced
    server). IŽd like to remove the builtin group
    adminstrators (from sql server instance), and add new
    group to logins in sql server, but I am not sure how to
    do this. What happens if I add group of first node, and
    failover occurs? Can I create "cluster" NT group?

    Thanks for help!

    • Re: Unable to Apply SP4 to SQL 2000 Cluster (new Node)
      ... Now, for the first problem, adding the 3rd node as a member of the cluster. ... You then installed a 2nd instance of SQL Server. ... DBC01 (Disks, SQL Server resources) ... Install RTM SS2K and designate the node membership. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
    • Re: Cluster will not fail over.
      ... > As far as the TCP/IP issue goes, you had to rebuild the cluster and were ... > able to restore the master database. ... > a cluster installation you'll have to revisit. ... >> This worked bringing up the sql server in minimal mode. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
    • Re: active/passive with multiple instances
      ... An Active/Passive cluster is always called that and never Passive/Active. ... There is only 1 SQL Server per instance:) Just so other don't get confused. ... It does matter about the hardware, to achieve true HA it needs to happen at ... a SQL Server DBA plain and simply doesn't care about it being ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
    • Re: High Availability
      ... The cluster uses heartbeat to detect whether a node is alive or not responding. ... You may want to research SQL Server Replication/ Log Shipping if you can have some latency. ... Typical Uses of Replication ... Introducing New Features in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Transactional Replication ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
    • Re: Bad startup parameter on clustered instance
      ... you shouldn't directly edit the registry entries of a cluster-aware ... SQL Server resource to keep failing the startup. ... This is because the cluster service checkpoints its changes and basically ... Check the registry entries for the startup parameters on the node to make ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)