Re: nt group in cluster

From: Geoff N. Hiten (sqlcraftsman_at_gmail.com)
Date: 03/21/05

    Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:36:01 -0500

    Use domain-level groups only. Do not use local server-specific groups when
    dealing with a cluster.

    Geoff N. Hiten
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    Senior Database Administrator

    "Gabriel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    Hi!

     Can anyone help with adding NT user group to sql server
    logins (with sys admin role)? I have two node active-
    pasive cluster (SQL Server 2000 Ent.edition, W2k advanced
    server). IŽd like to remove the builtin group
    adminstrators (from sql server instance), and add new
    group to logins in sql server, but I am not sure how to
    do this. What happens if I add group of first node, and
    failover occurs? Can I create "cluster" NT group?

    Thanks for help!