Enabling Microsoft EFS in a SQLServer 2000 Cluster

From: williams (williams4455_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/10/05

    Date: 10 Mar 2005 11:24:32 -0800

    I am trying to encrypt data in a SQLServer 2000 Cluster using Microsoft
    EFS. I have successfully encrypted a standalone DB but we are having
    difficulty with the Cluster. I am only encrypting the datafile.mdf.

    Has anyone implemented Microsoft EFS in a SQL Server 2000 cluster (all
    servers run Win2003EntEd)?

    All the Microsoft documentation describes how to enable EFS for a File
    Share Resource in the cluster. However, for a sqlserver cluster there
    is no File Share Resource, there is the SQLServer resources (network
    name, ip, server), the Disk Resource, Cluster resources (network name,
    ip) plus some irrelevant others.

    Thank you for your help.

    • Re: Win2k3 R2 - Storage Reporting on File Svr Cluster (SCSI-Attach
      ... Microsoft resource drivers did not see the shared disk/logical volumes and I ... Installing Cluster Service using ServeRAID controller for Microsoft Windows ... online that you want to report on. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.clustering)
    • Re: Finding the Active Cluster Node
      ... > One option would be to use the cluster.exe command line utility ... Say my cluster name is MyCluster and I want to know the node name ... > Resource Group Node Status ... > Microsoft highly recommends that users with Internet access update their ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
    • Re: Looking for suggestions on specs
      ... In this article Microsoft states: ... "We recommend that you create the MSDTC resource in its own resource group, ... cluster dedicated to Exchange Server, proceed and use the Cluster group" ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
    • Re: Finding the Active Cluster Node
      ... One option would be to use the cluster.exe command line utility ... Say my cluster name is MyCluster and I want to know the node name for the resource SQLServer then the command will be ... Resource Group Node Status ... Microsoft highly recommends that users with Internet access update their Microsoft software to better protect against viruses and security vulnerabilities. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
    • RE: SQL Server Cluster and MSDTC
      ... Microsoft only supports running MSDTC on cluster nodes as a clustered ... Using MSDTC as a non-clustered resource on a Windows cluster is ... DD - SQL server 2005 ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)