Re: patching

From: Jasper Smith (jasper_smith9_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/10/05

    Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 23:36:21 -0000

    Always test service packs before putting them into production. Although
    service packs go through more testing than hotfixes there are so many
    different environments out there that unless you test it in your specific
    environment you can't be sure you're not going to hit an issue. Certainly in
    our environment we have come across some very weird bugs just because of how
    we have our servers configured (weirdest one yet was down to having an
    affinity mask that was a multiple of 7 <g>)

    --
    HTH
    Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)