Re: remote access SQL

From: Mike Epprecht (SQL MVP) (mike_at_epprecht.net)
Date: 03/03/05

Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 05:31:01 -0800

Hi

Yes, public has only read access.

Regards

"Nick" wrote:

> HI mike:
> so does it only have read right to those database, like master, model.
>
> do not have write right.
>
> Cheers
>
> nick
>

> "Mike Epprecht (SQL MVP)" <mike@epprecht.net> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > Not with SQL Server 2000. Public has rights to read certain tables in
> master
> > that enables the listing of databases.
> >
> > Regards
> > --------------------------------
> > Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
> > Zurich, Switzerland
> >
> > IM: mike@epprecht.net
> >
> > MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> >
> > Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
> >
> > "Nick" <fsheng@ebreathe.co.nz> wrote in message
> > > HI All:
> > >
> > > I want to create a sql account that only allow to operate one
> > database.
> > >
> > > i create a acount call derek , then only select one acess database
> > ,name
> > > is A. with readonly property.
> > >

> > > but when i use another computer to connect my sql server using derek
> > > account, it will still showing some other database like master , model.
> > > etc.
> > >
> > > what i want that is only show database A. no more else.
> > >
> > > is that possible to do that?
> > >
> > > Cheer
> > >
> > > nick

Relevant Pages

  • Re: remote access SQL
    ... so does it only have read right to those database, like master, model. ... > Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: How to handle autonumber fields
    ... I have not created the database myself, and the username I was told to use ... Best regards ... I am working with persitent fields and I have set ... > I handle the master tables the same way without problems. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.database.ado)
  • Not able to use sp_help
    ... in query analyzer when using other database than master can't execute ... Regards ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Get custom database properties from an Access database
    ... I could start a local copy only if the master is unavailable. ... If my database gets hosed, or even the entire machine stolen, it doesn't matter, it's only a snapshot of the actual data and can be rebuilt any time it's necessary. ... Dim wshShell ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Replication problems
    ... An error occurred while accessing the DHCP database. ... DHCP server event log for more information on this error. ... browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{99B638B5-2C0B. ... master browser is stopping or an election is being forced. ...