Re: Monitor user changes

From: Don Grover (dgrover_at_assoft.com.au)
Date: 02/10/05

Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:48:21 +1100

Sorry Sue
I actually mean't users logins, not user data
ie: I actually want to monitor if any more users have been add, deleted or
edited on/to any database.
I have this msql server that I need to monitor remotely by script/email when
any user/login changes are made

Regards
Don

"Sue Hoegemeier" <Sue_H@nomail.please> wrote in message
> You can use a trigger on the tables you want to audit. Just
> look at the values in the deleted and inserted tables used
> by the triggers for before and after images of the rows. You
> can capture the date with GetDate() and the user with
> suser_sname. And then just insert that data into your audit
> table.
> You can find an example of this in the following article:
> http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2448
>
> -Sue
>
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 07:53:50 +1100, "Don Grover"
> <dgrover@assoft.com.au> wrote:
>
>>I need to monitor sql user additions and changes and put login name and
>>change date into a user created table.
>>Is ther anyway I can do this from a trigger or sp.
>>
>>Regards
>>Don Grover

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Program that can monitor CPU usage
    ... We want to trigger something based on high and low system LPAR ... What CPU Usage do you want an alert on? ... Currently RMF is the monitor in the operating system. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: [freebsd-questions] Turn off monitor
    ... I don't think you can trigger it by hand. ... > Turn the monitor off? ... Hmm, from XF86Config: ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Power on/off Monitor
    ... turn the monitor back on again. ... what the trigger was, or even if there *was* a trigger, that was under ... on Win95 sending power off shuts the power right off ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.winapi)
  • Re: Suggestions wanted for Motion Detector delay/time-out
    ... Home Domination has an option with its macros ... tell it if you want to monitor for activity or inactivity. ... will trigger as soon as the motion sensor is tripped. ... soon as there has been no motion for the amount of time specified. ...
    (comp.home.automation)