Re: Password's case sensitivity

From: sam (sam_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/24/05

Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 06:45:06 -0800

Thank you for your response. I think the Earlier I used all the SQL servers
which are upgraded from 7.0 to 2K and so the defautl collation of 7.0 was a
case sensitive. (Not usre right now).
But if I want to keep all my client data and other code to be case
-insensitive but all my login passwords to be case sensitive , can I do that?
How can I do that?

Please let me know..
Thank you again..

Sam

"Dan Guzman" wrote:

> Password case-sensitivity is determined by the default collation for the SQL
> Server instance. It appears you have a case-insensitive collation.
>
> --
> Hope this helps.
>
> Dan Guzman
> SQL Server MVP
>
> "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > somehow my Sql Server's passwors are not case sensitive. I thought sql
> > server's login passwords are case sensitive.
> > Am I worng?
> >
> > How do I change my SQL Server back to the case sensitive passwords?
> >
> > Please help..
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Sam

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Any valid login can access Enterprise Manager
    ... "Dan Guzman" wrote: ... It's possible to revoke public permissions ... permissions, not SQL Server security. ... When creating a SQL Server2000 login with read-only rights ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: listening on... interfaces
    ... "Dan Guzman" wrote: ... >> Isn't it common to not want your SQL Server ... >> to be listening to the wild wild internet? ... That's what firewalls are for. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: .NET assembly for BULK INSERT
    ... Dan Guzman wrote: ... The ColumnMappings property specifies the mappings between source and ... destination columns. ... in into the SQL Server, ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
  • Re: High Throughput Database
    ... First column. ... Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP ... "Dan Guzman" wrote in message ...
  • Re: Login via Anonymous Authentication via IIS
    ... "Dan Guzman" wrote: ... the network). ... given the login failed message references that account;-) ... SQL Server MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)