Re: Password's case sensitivity

From: Dan Guzman (guzmanda_at_nospam-online.sbcglobal.net)
Date: 01/24/05

Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:17:34 -0600

Password case-sensitivity is determined by the default collation for the SQL
Server instance. It appears you have a case-insensitive collation.

--
Hope this helps.
Dan Guzman
"sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> somehow my Sql Server's passwors are not case sensitive. I thought sql
> server's login passwords are case sensitive.
> Am I worng?
>
> How do I change my SQL Server back to the case sensitive passwords?
>
> Please help..
>
> Thank you
>
> Sam

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SQL Access security from Window Application
    ... you could have your app handle authentication by emulating the ... Currently my application access the SQL using ... >System.Data.SqlClient and all forms use stored procedures. ... >passwords in a protected file but this creates a problem on remote systems ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: replication password problem
    ... These error messages are related to passwords that are associated with SQL ... not with SQL Server CE. ... The easiest, but not most secure way, is to use SQL Auth. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.ce)
  • What is the best practices are supposed to be for MS SQL authentication?
    ... make sure to patch and upgrade your sql clients ... This will make sure that passwords are not stored ... way communication from specific PCs in LAN to sql server. ... you can install a certificate on sql server and encrypt ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: ADSI
    ... Can you provide more details on how the passwords are stored in the SQL ... However, if they are in some sort of 1 way hash format, then it might be ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ...
  • Re: Passwords getting reset?
    ... If passwords expire, this sounds like you are referring to ... If these are SQL logins, as I said, they don't expire so ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)