Re: Can't query linked Access database specified by UNC

From: Steen Persson (SPE_at_REMOVEdatea.dk)
Date: 01/21/05

    Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:02:07 +0100

    Not that it's to much help, but I've seen a similar issue with Excel files.
    I never really found a solution other than having the files on the
    SQLServer. I've also tried with various accounts that has full admin access
    to the server, domain, local machine etc. but to no avail. I'd be happy to
    know the solution/reason since it's a bit annoying that I have to put the
    files on the SQLServer to make it work.

    Regards

    Steen

    Vadim Rapp wrote:
    > Hello Sue:
    > You wrote on Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:23:38 -0700:
    >
    >> The first is to do is ensure that the database is not being
    >> opened exclusively by other users. If that's all fine then
    >> the error is likely related to permissions.
    >
    > I thought that as well; that's why, as I wrote, I manually logged on
    > the sql server machine, with the same userid as sqlserver; started
    > Access and opened the same database successfully.
    >
    > In other words, I manually did exactly what sql server couldn't do,
    > with the same login id on the same machine.
    >
    > Vadim

    • Re: Cant query linked Access database specified by UNC
      ... I've also tried with various accounts that has full admin access ... files on the SQLServer to make it work. ... Vadim Rapp wrote: ... > In other words, I manually did exactly what sql server couldn't do, ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
    • Re: !=NULL and <>NULL in SQLServer 2005
      ... comparing NULL values such as!=NULL and NULL. ... In SQLServer 2005, I was wondering if this is supported and if it is not I ... The Upgrade Advisor can help identify issues. ... SQL Server MVP ...
    • software developer
      ... We are planning to migrate SQLServer 2000 databases to SQLServer 2005. ... rgn,In regard to other things, run the SQL Server 2005 Upgrade Advisor against ... See Books Online for What's New and Breaking Changes information. ...
    • Re: SQL Server stops responding
      ... Microsoft SQL Server Storage Engine ... on several occasions SQLServer simply stopped responding. ... > Nothing was recorded in the event logs. ... > In the SQLServer error logs occasionally there is the entry 'LogEvent: ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
    • Re: Web site database - Access or SQL Server?
      ... SQLServer will perform better that access for a variety ... added security features as well as many performance benefits, ... extensive and normalized, the tuning tools in SQLServer, in the hands of a ... window to edit your SQL Server sprocs, but don't throw away the Enterprise ...