Re: Accidentally dropped DBO from database

From: lslmustang (lslmustang_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/20/05

Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:57:06 -0800

The user dbo was dropped from sysusers. This did not solve the problem. I
ended up restoring the database from backup but that took several hours and I
had been hoping a quick script to add dbo back to sysusers might solve it.

"Sue Hoegemeier" wrote:

> You can use sp_changedbowner and dbo will map to whatever
> login you assign as the database owner with
> sp_changedbonwer.
> You can find more information on sp_changedbowner in SQL
> Server books online.
>
> -Sue
>
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 06:25:03 -0800, "Linda"
> <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I altered a script that drops all users from a database and accidentally
> >changes an AND to an OR so that the user DBO was dropped after a refresh from
> >production to dev.
> >
> >Can I readd this user or is the only solution is to restore from backup?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Linda

Relevant Pages

  • Re: company web user deleted doc
    ... backup exec and the back up ran over the weekend. ... the SQL databases do not get backed up unless you select the ... Those are stored in the MSDE database. ... see Backing Up and Restoring ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Strategy for backup and restore
    ... > while restoring) cannot do. ... please do your self a favour and correctly backup databases using SQL Server ... that's to say BACKUP DATABASE ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)
  • Re: Potentially corrupt VSS 6.0 database
    ... and are now restoring from our daily ... backup of VSS. ... Is there anything I can do to restore the database? ...
    (microsoft.public.vstudio.sourcesafe)
  • Re: VSS database not opening
    ... Can your restore the two files from a backup? ... database, although if analyze.exe says that files are corrupt, then the ... Apart from restoring a version of those files that works, ... > Admin privileges the first time, but later when I close this, ...
    (microsoft.public.vstudio.sourcesafe)
  • RE: Restore Project Plan to Project Server
    ... Is there anyway to select a single project from the backup medium and saving it to the 'real' database without first restoring the entire database to a temporary database? ...
    (microsoft.public.project.pro_and_server)