Re: DBCC Traceon

From: Tudor Sofron (tudor.sofron_at_mydomain.com)
Date: 01/10/05

Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:57:35 +0200

Hi
this is one of the links found with google by searching dbcc traceon (8765).
http://www.torroid.com/article11119.html
It's pretty well explained. The resons I have use that trace flag are the
same as in the article above.

Thanks,
Tudor

"Tudor Sofron" <tudor.sofron@mydomain.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
> I have written a procedure which imports data into SQL Server from MySQL
> using driver 3.51.06. Nothing unusual til now but the fact that the stored
> procedure is using dbcc traceon (8765). So, I grant execute to an ordinary
> user on the procedure, the user can execute it but the procedure throws
> the
> error that the user cannot run dbcc traceon. Does anybody know what
> specific
> rights do I have to grant to the users for running dbcc traceon or if
> there
> is some other option instead of using dbcc traceon.
>
> Thanks,
> Tudor

Relevant Pages

  • Re: DBCC Traceon
    ... I can't find reference to that trace flag. ... Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP "Tudor Sofron" wrote in message ... Nothing unusual til now but the fact that the stored> procedure is using dbcc traceon. ... So, I grant execute to an ordinary> user on the procedure, the user can execute it but the procedure throws> the ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • DBCC Traceon
    ... using driver 3.51.06. ... Nothing unusual til now but the fact that the stored ... I grant execute to an ordinary ... error that the user cannot run dbcc traceon. ...