Login failes for user 'sa'

From: Marius Horak (someone_at_europe.eu)
Date: 01/05/05

Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 12:48:50 -0000

I spent whole day searching the net and still cannot figure out how to fix
the problem.

Two servers
A, user = sa, password = aaa
B, user = sa, password = bbb
Both have Authentication set to 'SQL Server and Windows'

In Query Analyzer (A server) I want to execute

SELECT * FROM B.MyDB.dbo.MyTable

It fails with the above error.
I added a login 'fred' to both servers and tried

EXEC sp_grantlogin 'fred'

SELECT * FROM B.MyDB.dbo.MyTable

Still the same problem. When passwords (in the development) are the same all
is fine but the live databases have different passwords.

What I want to achive is to add a trigger that will insert data from A
database to B database.
It has to be a trigger (not replication)

Thanks

MH

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Permissions
    ... servers are available to service the logon request. ... - Make certain that WINS database replication is successful between WINS ... Domainregistrations that are not listed in the ... If you are logged on as an administrator at a Domain Controller, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: Permissions
    ... >servers are available to service the logon request. ... >database does not have the proper domain registrations ... >If you are logged on as an administrator at a Domain ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Carfax transitioning away from VMS?
    ... Eleven billion records at 2048 bytes each is 220 gigabytes, meaning that whole database could fit into main memory on some modern servers. ... A typical application design from VAX/VMS twenty or thirty years ago probably wouldn't use main memory like that though, and would require minor to moderate rework to cache in memory, and to log updates into journals or to replicate to another server. ... Hammering on the volumes and the volume locks will be a problem in many VMS designs. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Best way to updat TNSNames.ora in all servers
    ... We have many unix servers running Oracle ... database 9.2.0 enterprise edition. ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: Best way to updat TNSNames.ora in all servers
    ... We have many unix servers running Oracle ... database 9.2.0 enterprise edition. ... could justify for having many installations of Oracle 9.2.0.x would be ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)