problems installing security patch.

From: MariaGuzman (
Date: 12/28/04

Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:41:21 -0800

Hi, in my company the it security departament is demanding to us to
install some patch that avoid some problems with sql server security.
One of this patch is: SQL2000-KB815495-8.00.0818-ENU

When i installed it on all the servers it was fine, but today i try to
install it on a server that has two instansce of sql server. (inst1 and

The inst1 get the patch installation but the inst2 doesnīt. When they
scan the server it seems that the patch is not installed because the
inst2 didnīt get it.

Do somebody know how can i install the patch on a second instance??

thanks a lot for your help.

*** Sent via Developersdex ***

  • Re: KB917537 Failing
    ... We run the cleanest possible install, with just SBS 2003 Standard fully patched, TrendMicro suite 2, and the Belkin UPS monitor. ... No other 3rd party stuff, if you don't count the printer drivers, Webex client and from my laptop that the stupid Remote Desktop insists on installing on the server when I'm remote controlling it. ... Got message that restart was required before anything else could be done. ... This patch worked just fine on all my servers but it's obviously having issues with some servers. ...
  • RE: SBS 2003 SP1 Upgrade - MSDE 2000 Service Pack 4 did not instal
    ... The DSRestore Filter failed to connect to local SAM server. ... registry keys of the Microsoft SQL server and mail to me for analyze. ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... SBS 2003 SP1 Upgrade - MSDE 2000 Service Pack 4 did not install ...
  • Critical Alert Update - W32.Slammer
    ... It's not clear if SQL Server 2000 SP1/SP2 includes the ... Microsoft SQL Desktop ... and all applications that install ... >most recent cumulative SQL Server security patch, ...
  • RE: How do I get back to base SQL server on my SBS 2003 server?
    ... Can I reinstall the files from another SBS2003 server I manage? ... On my install of SLQ2005, I told it to upgrade all instances. ... Installing SQL Server 2005 WorkGroup Edition in Windows Small Business ... <The server-based applications that were running fine are: McAFee EPO, ...
  • Re: Critical Alert Update - W32.Slammer
    ... The .net SDK 1.0 sp1 comes with a very basic SQL Server engine for testing ... >> Microsoft SQL Desktop ... >>>cumulative SQL security patch, is completely safe from ... >> may install SQL ...