Re: restrict acces to server from lan

From: John Bell (jbellnewsposts_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/27/04

    Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:03:56 -0000

    Hi

    I am not quite sure what you are asking here. You don't say how they are
    connecting to the database server. Usually the connection string will
    specify which server you are going to connect to. Access to your database
    server/database will depend on the security that you put in place and you
    can restrict the access to your own application by using an application
    role.

    If the MSDE instance does not contain a copy of your database then there
    will not be able to run your application.

    John