RE: SQL CE 2.0, .NET Framework 1.1 sp 1 / PPC App 2003 Server settings

From: Kevin McDonnell [MSFT] (kevmc_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/24/04

Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 00:06:52 GMT

Yes. The IIS Server will need to communicate with SQL via 1433.
Are IIS and SQL on the same machine or are they seperate?

Check the SQL Server Errorlog and/or the NT Application log to verify that
the server is listening on 1433.

Thanks,

Kevin McDonnell
Microsoft Corporation

  • RE: Fulltext failure on a 2 node cluster
    ... Server full-text search resource online: "SQL Cluster Resource 'Full Text' ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: HELP PLEASE ~ ???
    ... You mentioned that it went ahead and added a SQL ... SQL Server 2000 database for all my data. ... find the connectionString in the newly recreated SQLExpress database. ... The connection string specifies a local Sql Server Express instance ...
  • Re: Multi-Channel Raid VS SAN Storage
    ... A 5~6 years old server is a very old server. ... As I mentioned, the server is one node in a cluster environment, and SQL is ... We actually are running RAID 1+0 and our aplication is definately more ... needs it's own SAN device, or at least a dedicated IO channel on the SAN. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Error during pre-login handshake: SSL certificates and IIS?!
    ... After rebooting the server, people were telling me that SQL wasn't working anymore. ... If I'd be installing a new certificate, manually, I think I would break up again the SQL... ... Scott wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • RE: How do I get back to base SQL server on my SBS 2003 server?
    ... After you uninstall SQL 2005, the instance which you upgraded will not go ... Uninstall and then reinstall ISA server. ... Uninstall and then reinstall the Monitoring component. ... Tools to Maintenance, change Monitoring component to Install, and then ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)