SQL Server - Enterprise Manager

From: Lavan (mlrobertson_at_compdatasurveys.com(donotspam))
Date: 11/19/04

    Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:19:04 -0800

    Our accounting package is ACCPAC Corporate Series running on SQL Server 2000.
     We want to allow our programmers access to the accounting A/R data base
    tables to create custom applications for our accounting and sales depts
    (in-house CRM popgram).

    The problem we will have and would like to resolve is the following:

    By using Enterprise Manager we are "back-dooring" our Accounting system
    security and the programmers would have access to "all of the accounting
    database tables".

    We would like to know if there's a way within Enterprise Manger to password
    protect the "payroll tables" allowing the programmers access to the remaining
    tables.

    In a nut shell - does Enterprise Manager have the capabilitiy to restrict
    access to the database tables on a table-by-table basis? If so, how is it
    done.

    Thanks for your assistance!

    --
    L. Robertson