SQL Server - Enterprise Manager

From: Lavan (mlrobertson_at_compdatasurveys.com(donotspam))
Date: 11/19/04

    Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:19:04 -0800

    Our accounting package is ACCPAC Corporate Series running on SQL Server 2000.
     We want to allow our programmers access to the accounting A/R data base
    tables to create custom applications for our accounting and sales depts
    (in-house CRM popgram).

    The problem we will have and would like to resolve is the following:

    By using Enterprise Manager we are "back-dooring" our Accounting system
    security and the programmers would have access to "all of the accounting
    database tables".

    We would like to know if there's a way within Enterprise Manger to password
    protect the "payroll tables" allowing the programmers access to the remaining
    tables.

    In a nut shell - does Enterprise Manager have the capabilitiy to restrict
    access to the database tables on a table-by-table basis? If so, how is it
    done.

    Thanks for your assistance!

    --
    L. Robertson

    • Re: SQL Server - Enterprise Manager
      ... trying to do is best accomplished using applications roles and ANOTHER ... > Our accounting package is ACCPAC Corporate Series running on SQL Server ... > We want to allow our programmers access to the accounting A/R data base ... > We would like to know if there's a way within Enterprise Manger to ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • Re: Multiple entries
      ... The case is even more true to an accounting system, as a set of accounting tables is linked together via ... Accounting Database Design)from smashwords, and i think if you go thru the contents, it would clear some of your thoughts. ... Probably for commercial reasons or lazy developers, ...
    • Re: Multiple entries
      ... I think I have to create a dataflow diagram first, then create the database ... I'm the beginner in both areas - databases and accounting. ... Probably for commercial reasons or lazy developers, ...
    • Re: Database Design
      ... In practice I know of working, real-life Access databases with 20,000,000 rows ... Oracle or DB2 database containing terabytes of data. ... Many to Many if it is for accounting software? ... containing money, and Creditors who get money, there will be a many to many ...
      (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
    • Re: AutoNumber
      ... The accounting software doesn't interact with the db. ... another reason why I want to do this - I'm redesigning the whole database. ... Does the accounting system "link" back to the access database? ... number on the 5 digit number to 4 digit numbers. ...