Re: What databases should be backed up daily

From: Uri Dimant (urid_at_iscar.co.il)
Date: 11/10/04

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:59:25 +0200

Hi,Boaz
No, don't mix them ,bishvil ma?
Create a folder like system_back and store it there.
Moreover , I'd be separate master from others system databases.

"Boaz Ben-Porat" <bbp@milestone.dk> wrote in message
> Hi Uri, Toda raba
> About question 1: Is there any reason whay the Master and Msdb databases
> should NOT be backed up in the same maintenance plan as user-databases ?
>
> The backup creates a separate .BAK file for each database.
>
> Boaz Ben-Porat
>

> "Uri Dimant" <urid@iscar.co.il> wrote in message
> > Boaz, shalom
> > 1) No, it should be separated. This allows the system to be rebuilt in
the
> > event of system or database failure, for example, if a hard disk
> > fails.Remember that only Full backup is allowed with master db
> >
> > 2) Yes, along with master database , you should backup msdb as well.
> > Backup
> > distribution database server is configured as a Replication Distributor.
> > Regarding model database , i don't think it is necessary unless your
> > model
> > database is customized.
> >

> > "Boaz Ben-Porat" <bbp@milestone.dk> wrote in message
> >> Hi all
> >>
> >> I have to create a simple Maintenance Plan to backup all user
databases.
> >> heard somewhere that the Master database should also be backed up.
> >>
> >> Question 1) Should Master database also be backed up together with
> >> user-databases?
> >>
> >> Question 2) Are there other system databases that should backed up
> > together
> >> with user-databases?
> >>
> >> TIA
> >>
> >> Boaz Ben-Porat
> >>
> >> Milestone Systems

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Get custom database properties from an Access database
    ... I could start a local copy only if the master is unavailable. ... If my database gets hosed, or even the entire machine stolen, it doesn't matter, it's only a snapshot of the actual data and can be rebuilt any time it's necessary. ... Dim wshShell ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Replication problems
    ... An error occurred while accessing the DHCP database. ... DHCP server event log for more information on this error. ... browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{99B638B5-2C0B. ... master browser is stopping or an election is being forced. ...
  • RE: SQL Server failing to start (directly effecting sales!!!) Error: 823, Severity:
    ... You should consider calling Microsoft Technical Support as your master ... They will want your SQL Server Errorlogs ... that the machine with the database has hardware that is failing. ... Even if you are planning to reinstall you should make a backup copy ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)
  • Re: Table Normalization
    ... To master it requires a great deal more work. ... There are so many categories to work in (database design, queries, forms, ... that they'd flub a number of the answers, ... make the same mistake twice, and they don't let others make the same ...
  • RE: Multi user database
    ... manner and push updates to the backend. ... the other user updates table c then run the append query. ... Right now I can determine when the master table is updated, ... the database they should 'share' the data not update to/from local copies. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)