Re: No OLE DB providers listed when creating a Linked Server

From: Sue Hoegemeier (Sue_H_at_nomail.please)
Date: 10/26/04

Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:19:42 -0600

I've seen others reporting the problem when upgrading to Win 2003. It
was generally due to one of the MDAC dlls not getting updated but the
others getting updated. You can try running the component check to
check your MDAC setup or try reinstalling whatever version of MDAC you
are suppose to be running. You can download MDAC versions and the
component checker from:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/mdac/default.aspx

-Sue

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:43:07 -0700, "GYatabe"
<GYatabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am having a problem trying to create a linked server. When I open the
>dialog to create a new linked server, there are no providers listed in the
>"Other Providers" dropdown. FYI we just upgraded from Win Server 2000 to
>Server 2003. We are running SQL 2000. Has anyone had this happen to them
>before? I am placing this in this forum because it has to do with Linked
>servers. If you have a better forum for this to be posted, please notify in
>this thread and I'll post there. Thanks for your help.
>
>Grant

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Linked Server connection Problem
    ... My experience with MDAC has been that it is VERY temperamental. ... because in EM when I click on Linked Server ... > If problem persists I will try Connection group. ... >> Hi Alan, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: No OLE DB providers listed when creating a Linked Server
    ... upgrades to W2K3. ... problem and stop W2K3 file protection from replacing it. ... > check your MDAC setup or try reinstalling whatever version of MDAC you ... >>I am having a problem trying to create a linked server. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • MDAC 2.8 on SQL 2000 Sp3a
    ... Any reason why MDAC 2.8 should NOT be installed on the above server? ... colleague has an error linking a Excel spreadsheet (linked server) and the ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Publisher catelog merge- cannot open data source file
    ... Take a look at your MDAC components. ... MDAC Utility: Component Checker ... outlook message earlier today, but deleted the field I copied before the ... engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: Late Binding
    ... The code that uses ADO is necessary code. ... I have looked at the component checker. ... MDAC 2.1 - refers to ActiveX 2.1 ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)